HOORAY!!!! Dan got a job!!!
He's working at Best Buy near the mall. He'll be working full-time in the Home Theater department. The GM said they're giving him a 90-day (or maybe less if he's really impressive) "trial run" at which point they're hoping to promote him to supervisor. It seems like this is a company where you can move up the ladder quickly and they really take care of their employees (bonuses, a great 401K, etc). We're hoping everything goes well, because management experience will look great on Dan's resume no matter what career he ends up in!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Welcome to the wonderful state of Indiana and the wonderful place called Purdue. It was a great place while Abby and I were there and we mostly loved it.
Thats wonderful that things are going well so far and that you are enjoying all the comercials for Indiana Beach (and I'm sure Bob ROHRmann, if you don't understand watch TV for about 15 mins and you will very clearly)
Have you two met Peter yet? (He's the priest at the campus Episcopal chapel)
Have fun and keep letting us know what is going on!
Nick Lorenzen
Thanks so much for the link! I'm so happy to hear you are doing well!
Congrats to Dan on his job, that's awesome! I've actually decided to defer my second year of school and to stay in the Bay area to work and apply to vet schools back in the States. Work and money is always good!
Say hi to the cutie kitties for me!
Love,
Erin
Yo, guys!
Did our mail arrive chez vous yet? I hope the settling-in process goes well for you. Royal pain, and all that...hope Dan's awesome job won't lead him into temptation too often! I'd never be able to work around all that gadgetry and not go crazy.
T.Slade
P.S. You may want to enable the word-entry verification tool, or you'll start getting blogspam (which is annoying as all hell)...
Wa-hoo Dan! Don't give out too many free tickets to the gun show, buddy. Don't want to knock 'em all dead in the aisles. :)
You don't know how excited I am to see a VD blog. It's so good to hear things are going well! I know that, as you said, Purdue will turn out to be its own kind of warm fuzzy Alma experience - just on a much bigger scale. You're going to have so much fun - enjoy it!
--Ryan
Post a Comment