Monday, September 18, 2006

Twilight Zone

See if you can figure this one out:

Dan and I joined a Life Group at Elmwood Church, which are small groups that meet on Sunday nights for fellowship, Bible study, prayer, etc. Last night was the first meeting, at the home of John and Sherry Marks, an older couple from the church. We had a great time!

Dan gets a voicemail this morning that goes something like this, "Hi, this is John Marks. A Mr. Thomas Wilson called me from this number and I'm just returning the call. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know you or not, but you can get back to me at this number: blah blah blah." So somehow the man we just met last night got a call from Dan's cell, but from a different person.

The kicker?

For those of you who don't know, Thomas Wilson is my dad.

Dan's cell has no record of the call. My dad didn't call anyone last night or this morning. If John returned the call he may have dialed the wrong number, but our cell phones still have our Rochester area code, so then someone else he didn't know, from our hometown, with my dad's name, was calling him? Unlikely. Even if he did dial the wrong number, he just happened to dial the cell of someone he just met last night? Unlikely too.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

No comments: