Thursday, October 12, 2006

Golf and Other Worldly Pursuits

"I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators."
~Gerald Ford

As many of you may know, one of my closest new friends here in Lafayette is Sarah Hess. We are both first year PULSe students and happened to sign up for the same class schedule first term, and then were also assigned to the same first lab rotation! Sarah has just started dating this guy Tim that we met through some of the other people in our lab, and he is remarkably similar to Dan. This works out exceptionally well for Sarah and I because it's even easier to hang out when you can double date so comfortably!

Among other hobbies they have in common, Tim is an avid golfer, and wants Dan to go golfing with him sometime. This would be a blast for the guys, but Sarah and I are hoping to just tag along and be the "beer girls" since neither of us is much good at golf. We had a euchre night a while ago and it was lots of fun (since Sarah and Tim are both from Ohio they are fellow euchre enthusiasts). Our latest plans include getting together at our house on Halloween to pass out candy. Sarah and I have decided that we can pass out the candy and let the guys rig up something out front to scare the kids. Should be fun, I'll let you know what develops! :)

No comments: