Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summertime News

Now that I have registered for classes this fall (my last year of classes, hopefully EVER!!!), I realize that summer is rapidly dwindling, and what a crazy summer it has been!

My thesis research is just beginning, and as I go I can already see my project changing direction. This is a good thing, by the way, because it's looking like it might get even more interesting! No more radioactive work yet either, which is OK with me.

Dan and I went to Tucson, Arizona in June for a Weekend to Remember -- a Christian marriage conference by FamilyLife. We tacked a few days on to either end of the weekend conference and made a 7-day vacation out of it, it was a blast! I highly recommend the conference to any Christian married or engaged couple, and Tucson was beautiful too! We brought home a tree (well, it's really pretty tiny right now) with beautiful pink blooms... I still have yet to locate the name of said species.

We've been working quite a bit on the house this summer too. We planted a garden where the dog house was in the back yard, are painting rooms one by one, and my parents are coming out this weekend to help rip out the nasty linoleum in the bathrooms and put down tile. Should be fun!

Otherwise we've been spending lots of time with friends at summer concerts, festivals, fireworks, potluck dinners, etc. Not unlike Alma, this cornfield is shaping up to be pretty nice after all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I got your post! You're in luck, I haven't made it to Battle Ground yet, but the trip is planned! This probably isn't totally convenient for you guys, but we'll be there from the afternoon of Tuesday 7/30 through lunchtime on Thursday 8/1. We'll have a rental car, so we could definitely come to Lafayette. I'll try giving you a call soon so we can figure things out!