This one is also from one of my yoga friends. It reminds me of Tim Slade even more than myself, but I'm all about it:
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness....... Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
~Mark Twain
Amen.
And on that note, we're going home this weekend. Not really adventurous travel, but I'm excited none the less. :)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay for multiple postings! Looks like I have some reading to catch up on. : )
Have a safe trip!
P.S. Mark Twain is simply a gold mine for intelligent, thought-provoking, hit-the-nail-on-the-head quotes.
I'm flattered! And I TOTALLY agree. Of course, I always meet people who have somehow managed to travel extensively and completely miss the point, but whatev...
So how's yoga treating you? Are you, like Robin, going to be instructing it? ;-) (You know, with all that free time you 'n' Dan have...) Hope all's well out in your little cornfield.
Oooh, I love that quote, and the travel bug has bitten me badly in the recent weeks. Unfortunately, funding and schedules argue against my desire, but hopefully in time we'll take an adventure abroad.
Post a Comment