Tonight marks the end of our long-awaited October break. This four-day weekend actually cost me two vacation days, but because I had no classes and Dan had the time off, I thought it would be worth it.
The list of things we wanted to accomplish during the last few days was far longer than what we knew would be realistic: paint the guest room, have a new patio door installed, finish fixing up the old fish tank and get it running, get ahead on homework, fix my laptop, finish landscaping the front yard, clean the office, spend lots of fun time with friends, go to the gym, etc. In my mind, if I had this big long list of things to do, hopefully a few of them might actually get done. Guess what? None of them did... except for spending time with friends.
That's not to say we didn't do anything over break! I got about 12 hours of sleep a night (clearly my regular sleep schedule just isn't cutting it!), we both got quite a bit of homework done, we scheduled a "detail" (like a preliminary inspection) for the installation of our new door, and got a lot of miscellaneous little items off the to-do list. We went tailgating for the Purdue vs. Ohio State game Saturday, had a bunch of the new twenty-somethings over for brunch after church on Sunday (the last of whom didn't leave until 10pm), and went to the bar for Monday Night Football with friends.
When I show up at work tomorrow and the boss asks how fixing up the house went over break, I'll smile and tell him it went well. We didn't do what I had planned, but I don't need to explain that to everyone. Dan and I got to spend a few days together that weren't totally full of homework and stress, and that made for an awesome weekend!!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment