So I've decided to stop putting off updating this thing. I always want to wait until I have the time to write about everything that happened since my last post, which now encompasses about 3 months. Never going to happen, I'm just too busy. In a nutshell: Thanksgiving was great, we went home. Christmas was great, my family was in town. New Year's was great, Dan's family was in town and we had a big party with friends from church. There you go. So here's what's happening NOW:
Lafayette is buried under 17 inches of snow. School was cancelled yesterday afternoon and all day today, which means this HUGE Cancer Biology test of mine has been put off until Friday! Which I guess means I should be studying...
Classes are going fine, rotations are fine, I still don't know where I want to end up this year. The lab I'm in right now studies Parkinson's, and two proteins in particular: one that aggregates and is thought to cause neuron toxicity in the disease, the other which is thought to help protect cells from that aggregation and death. I've done everything from rat dissection to tissue culture to cloning so far (since January), and with a little luck I should be making viruses next week. Pretty cool!
Dan has been promoted again, which meant a department switch too. He is now the supervisor of the computer department. This means he is officially part of management, including bonuses, management training and meetings, etc. He's finding it challenging to supervise a department in which he is not very familiar with the product, but he's learning a lot about Windows Vista and employee issues at the same time.
Well, that's it for now, I'm off to go shovel the mounds of snow that have barricaded me in the house!
Lafayette is buried under 17 inches of snow. School was cancelled yesterday afternoon and all day today, which means this HUGE Cancer Biology test of mine has been put off until Friday! Which I guess means I should be studying...
Classes are going fine, rotations are fine, I still don't know where I want to end up this year. The lab I'm in right now studies Parkinson's, and two proteins in particular: one that aggregates and is thought to cause neuron toxicity in the disease, the other which is thought to help protect cells from that aggregation and death. I've done everything from rat dissection to tissue culture to cloning so far (since January), and with a little luck I should be making viruses next week. Pretty cool!
Dan has been promoted again, which meant a department switch too. He is now the supervisor of the computer department. This means he is officially part of management, including bonuses, management training and meetings, etc. He's finding it challenging to supervise a department in which he is not very familiar with the product, but he's learning a lot about Windows Vista and employee issues at the same time.
Well, that's it for now, I'm off to go shovel the mounds of snow that have barricaded me in the house!

1 comment:
I had just about given up on ever reading another post from you guys! Your research sounds cool, and it seems like Dan's really moving up in the Best Buy world. Have fun with all the snow!
Post a Comment