Saturday, March 24, 2007

Birthday Celebration!


Look at me improving, two posts in one month!! :)
So, as many of you know, my birthday was March 13th, which just happened to be in the middle of Purdue's Spring Break week (after a lifetime of rainy and snowy birthdays in the middle of lent, this was a great surprise!). Dan took a few days off work, and surprised me with a trip to Indianapolis!! We went to the Zoo, the State Museum (see the picture of us at the 3-D IMAX show on sharks), White River State Park, we had a blast. The night of my birthday we went to a Goo Goo Dolls / Augustana concert. Amy grew up with the backup vocalist and bass player from Augustana, so we got to meet them before the show and went out to eat with them afterwords. It was great! We even did a good deal of shopping in Downtown Indy (as you can see, Dan was really putting himself out there for me to have a great birthday)! Anyone who wants to see Indy, just let us know and we'd be glad to play hosts. It's only about 45 mins to an hour away, and it's a beautiful city.

In other news, my brother closed on his first house last week, I am going up to Grand Rapids to help him move in next weekend. Also, this morning we had a mini-retreat for church, put on by the undergrad girls at the campus Christian house. It was a great girls' day brunch! I have a big test on Monday in my toughest class this term, Molecular Biology of Cancer, so the rest of the weekend will be spent studying, but I wanted to update everyone on the fun things going on here!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I saw the picture, for a split-second I thought it was a promo for a new movie, and my first thought was, "What movie's coming out that stars Angelina Jolie and Keanu Reeves?..."

...Yeah, it's been a long week, OK? ;)

Your birthday sounds like it was awesome. Kudos to Edgardo for his birthday-planning skills. That was one of those super-warm days last week, right?

On another note, I might have to take you two up on the Indy tour sometime... 'course, I should take the Lafayette tour first...

Ryan